Cabinet Decision: School for classes 3rd to 7th to open from Nov 10
Update: Monday, November 8, 2021 @ 5:16 PM
Shimla: The Meeting of State Cabinet was held here today which was presided over by the CM Jai Ram Thakur and decided to recommend the Governor of Himachal Pradesh to convene the winter session of Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha from 10th to 15th December, 2021 at Dharamshala, district Kangra. It would have five sittings.
- It was decided in the meeting to open schools for students of class 3rd to 7th standard with effect from 10th November 2021 and for students of 1st and 2nd standards from 15th of November this year. It was decided to resume transport buses on full capacity instead of earlier 50 percent norms.
- The Cabinet also decided to hold ‘Janmanch’ Programme on 21st November, 2021 in different parts of the State.
- It also reviewed the progress in implementation of Swarnim Drishtri Patra of the Bharitya Janta Party which has been adopted as Policy Document of the present State Government. General Administration Department made a detailed presentation in this regard.
- The Cabinet decided to constitute a Committee under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary with Vice Chancellors of Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla and Cluster University Mandi and Secretary Education as its Members to work out the modalities to set up a State University at Mandi.
- It gave its nod to enhance the stipend of PG-MDS students of Himachal Pradesh Government Dental College Shimla by Rs.5000 per month from 1st April, 2021.Now the MDS students of 1st year would get Rs 40000 instead of Rs.35000, 2nd year students would get Rs. 45000 instead of Rs. 40000 and 3rd year students will get Rs. 50000 per month instead of Rs. 45000.
- The Cabinet gave its approval for inclusion and addition of more items in the existing schedule of the Himachal Pradesh Agricultural and Horticultural Produce Marketing (Development and Regulation) Act, 2005 to achieve the perspective growth of diversified agriculture and allied sector in the larger interest of farm community of the State. Earlier as many as 131 items were included in the existing schedule of the Act.
- Now as many as 259 items including cereals, pulses, oil seeds, fruits, vegetables fibres, animal husbandry products and livestock, condiments and species, medicinal and aromatic plant species, flowers, potted plants and their seeds and other produces have been included under it.
- It also decided to upgrade Government Middle School, Chet in Mandi district to Government High School alongwith creation of requisite posts for its smooth functioning.It decided to fill up 10 posts of Drivers in General Administration Department of H.P. Secretariat on secondment basis.
- A presentation was also made on Covid-19 situation in the State and to review the preparedness to tackle the speculated third wave of corona virus.The Cabinet also reviewed the implementation status and decisions taken by it in the past.